Monday, January 14, 2019

Elder Robertson in California

As Promised, I have pictures! Thanks Sister Mackay for being so diligent with this! 
Paul arriving with his fellow missionaries
Getting fed at the mission home
Meeting together afterwards
Not sure when this was, but I am assuming the next morning, getting greeted by all of the missionaries that have come to pick them up.
They seemed to line up the new missionaries so they could be welcomed by their new companions. As you can see, there wasn't an enthusiastic embrace picture of Elder Robertson. He said, " The greetings were awesome and I got an awesome meal at the mission home but the next day felt a little cheesy."  Yes, he is still Paul
Here he is with his new companion, Elder Settle
One last luncheon before heading to their areas
This looks to me like the new missionaries who came in
I believe this is all of the new missionaries with their new companions and the office missionaries, and President and Sister Mackay
And here is Elder Robertson with President and Sister Mackay


PHEW! I think I caught all of the pictures she posted with him in them! With such a big group, there were MANY more on the mission blog page.   Here is a bit of what Elder Robertson wrote to me today;
 Hi Mom,
I'm having a great time in Turlock. Its been really weird because of the people, they're all super defensive and confused. I've met some really awesome people though. My companion has been a great help to me. I also learned how to ride a bike! I did it for a few hours then the next day, I was biking miles at a time. I'm nowhere near perfect but its a lot faster than walking even now. I've only crashed a few times so I'll learn everything else soon. I do miss you a lot and I really hope that it really won't feel very long. I have a goal to help at least one person everyday and so far I've been able to do that. 


Thanks everyone for supporting Paul. Time goes by quickly, so I am putting a reminder here that if you wanted to send him a birthday card, please remember his birthday is FEBRUARY 2!! (Just 19 days!)


No comments:

Post a Comment