Monday, September 2, 2019

Incoming UMO! August 26, 2019


This week was strange bacause I got hit in a lot of different ways this week. First, I got hit by an unidentified metal object (umo) while I was biking. I think it was on the road and was launched by a car driving by and it launched into my gut. I couldn't tell exactly what it was but it was solid metal and round thankfully. Then, I got whacked in the face with a stick. The Twins we are teaching are very wild and I was surprised I was only hit once. They're exceedingly smart so they still learn really easily. There is also something else happening that the central valley is Almond harvest. They shake the trees with a massive clamp and it feels like an earthquake is happening. The problem is that it shakes all the pollen into the air and then when they sweep up the Almonds, it brings up even more of the pollen that was on the ground. Needless to say, my allergies are destroying me and Elder Groves is mildly allergic to treenuts. He has to eat quite a few before he has a reaction though. Other than that, it was a fairly good week.

We had a ton of lessons this week! We've had a great time with the members as well. It's an older ward but the members are so fantastic! They always strive to help others, especially those in hard living situations. There's a lot of weird situations with homes but we're doing what we can. The greatest thing members can do for helping others is to simply be a friend to people. Weather they are returning members, new members or even investigators, just treat them like a great friend. I know I'm going to do all in my power to do so when I get home. 
This week has also made me reflect on patriarchal blessings and how precious they are. Something important to remember is that we only recieve the promised blessings if we remain worthy. Bring worthy and perfect are drastically different. We follow what commandments we are given and try our best. It really comes from that desire to improve. If we have this tiny seed of a desire to improve, the Lord can grow it into a magnificent tree. 
Honestly, this mission has already improved me so much. I still recognize my weaknesses but I have come farther than I ever would alone. This is the greatest task I will ever accomplish because this time will help others have pure joy and happiness. I know this will help everyone no matter what lifestyle people live. Even those that have had this gospel their whole lives have to recieve a witness for themselves. It's like the connection between a testimony and conversion. The first is the flame in a lantern and the second is the oil that fuels it. It must be added drop by drop and it will last us through the night.
I hope everyone has an awesome week!
Sincerely, 
Elder Robertson 
P.S.
I found this awesome chart of Genealogy going from Adam to Jesus Christ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment