My companion, Elder Settle, is from New Zealand and loves the culture of his homeland even though he's lived in Utah most of his life. He's been out for about a year and a half and is an amazing missionary! He's really funny and truly speaks from the heart.
I did get a membership for one of the local gyms and I'm actually using it every day when I wake up. It's been stressful on my body because I'm also biking a lot. I think the last time my legs actually hurt from working was marching band. Biking has been a lot of fun and I'm actually considering buying one when I get home.
I've definitely realized that the hours of study are actually helping me in the work. Its awesome to see the change after learning so much more about the scriptures. I've seen the difference between reading the scriptures because you have to and truly studying them. Doesn't matter how long it takes you as long as you pay attention to it. I love that I can see these lessons being applied in my life for every single story and passage that I read. Everything is here for us. This mission is exactly what I needed to progress in my life and I hope I make the best of it.
Love,
Elder Robertson
I asked Paul for pictures, and this is what I received; This one is from a day when they seemed to have left their apartment unlocked, so some other Elders "broke in" and left this for them letting them know.
And here is his companion- with cookies on his eyes. No idea why, but Paul must have been having a good time.


No comments:
Post a Comment