Monday, March 4, 2019

This week

Honestly this week was fun. Most of it was spent studying and learning how to talk to people on the streets or for door contacts. That is probably the hardest thing that I have been working towards. We have been trying to get in contact with people that have met with missionaries in the past but all of them haven't been interested. I actually enjoy when people dont want to listen because it means that I have more time to look for those that do. 
We did service for some people at another church. It reminded me a lot of the bishop storehouse. We helped get the food out to their car. We did that for a few hours and then after we were done, they offered to give us some of the bread and cakes. The more I refused the more they wanted to give me so I ended up with a pie, a few bagels and some apple turnovers. We had to have them hat day because of the exploration dates on them but we're fine. 
The easiest thing for me to do right now is meeting with members.Most of our meetings with members have been about encouraging them to do missionary work. We've been doing that a lot ever since I got into the field. I can't stress how import it is to share your testimony with those around you. If you are willing to speak about the gospel with your friend but you dont know what to say then just open your mouth and the Holy ghost will guide your words and thoughts. 
Our companionship only covers one ward but the boundaries are fairly large. There's a lot of less actives but even then we cover basically two cities. There's a ton of biking involved. We've made a couple forty-five minute bike rides so that's fun. I've basically been biking everyday so I've been getting all the exercise I need and more. 
Elder Settle is just amazing. He has been out for about a year and five months and he's been in Turlock for six months. Everyone in the ward knows him very well and it's very useful when meeting with them. He says the reason he loves doing missionary work is because he helps people so much. Its literally the only thing you do when talking with anyone is help them. He also loves his culture. He was born in New Zealand and with that he feels that it's his home despite living in Utah most of his life. His Aunt is also the Bearded Lady in The Greatest Showman! I had no idea until we were talking about it. Its awesome 
Honestly I do feel a little homesick just because I want to talk with everyone and have fun. I miss everyone but I know that Heavenly Father will bless everyone as much as he can and that comforts me. Hopefully he can also thaw everyone out of the mountains of snow back home! 
It was really freaky because I found the same pair of glasses in the church with an eyepatch next to it! I got a picture with it before we put them in the lost and found. 
I hope everyone has a great week and feels the blessings of our Father in Heaven.
Sincerely, 
Elder Robertson 


No comments:

Post a Comment