So, we've been trying to meet with Jose for a few weeks now and we found out he got a new phone but that he's also been really busy with family medical emergencies... So first a few weeks ago his mother was put into the hospital to battle cancer and then the next week his son was holding a fire cracker and it blew up in his hand! He's missing a finger now but he should be ok. Then the next week we found out that his mom that was battling cancer passed away. We have been praying for him and we hope we will be able to meet with him more often.
We had another situation go down with someone else we're teaching. So, N is 11 and wants to be baptized but we haven't been able to meet with her for months. We had some awesome members offer to give her a sleepover and get the lessons done. Her mother, A, is a recent concert and has allowed her to take the lessons but she's been busy all day every day. When we had another member, Juliana go over to pick up Nyema, she said it was so bad that she took all of the kids from A. I don't want to say what it was because I'm not sure but the family is going through a lot right now. We hope to help the family but we don't know how right now.
Everyone else is either not responding to our texts or is dealing with a family medical emergency. It's been really tough to teach right now. We also seem to be finding all of the people that are disabled. I really want to help them but because of accidents or something we won't be able to. Either that or I don't know what to do.
The wind has also been really strong here and it's getting really hot really quick so guess who's finally losing weight! I've dropped a few pounds so that's really good. My allergies have been pretty bad though. I'm working through it though.
So this week our members gave us lbs chocolate rabbits! And my companion doesn't want his so I don't know what to do with it. I guess I just have chocolate that will last a good month.
We finally had someone come to church! His name is Bob and he's Lutheran. He's very strong in his faith but he agreed to go to church for his wife. She's not a member but she's been investigating the church for 33 years! She wants to know everything about before joining. She's the most dedicated learner I've ever seen. She's also got a photographic memory so that helps her a lot.
Its awesome to be tested everyday in the ways I am. I can feel myself improving and becoming who I need to be. The progress is slow but I'm getting better at so many things and learning my weaknesses and it's just been awesome. I have a solid testimony that Jesus is the Christ, the beloved Son of God. I know that he loves everyone including me and it doesn't matter how many times to mess up if you repent. His atonement is infinite so do not hesitate to ask for help. The best ways I have seen it take effect are through the small and simple things. I know this because if we are not willing to do the small promptings and things that we are commanded to do then why would we be able to be doing the big, significant things?
Sincerely,
Elder Robertson
My bike is the black one and its name is Starflight.
My companion, the rabbit and I


No comments:
Post a Comment