So, this week has been really chaotic but it's been a good time so think about everything I'm doing right now.
There have been a lot of very interesting questions about everything that we do, both as missionaries and as church members. The thing is that there needs to be a balance when doing this because if you focus only on questions, you will get lost and worry about the unknown too much. on the other hand, if you think that you have learned everything, you wont be able to answer every question that comes up no matter how much you know. Its like walking on a tight rope and one side is the knowledge one already has and the other is questions one has. Only when you find that balance are you able to gain knowledge, especially spiritual knowledge. I've felt the extreme of both and you can't do that, especially as a missionary.
We have met a lot of new people this week and they have a very genuine interest. We have a lot of people in our teaching pool( people that made a lot of progress) but we think that some people are loosing interest so sadly we might have to stop teaching them. We really don't want to but we only have a certain amount of time to teach and we need to make sure people are making progress. We are here to get people to the temple and they can't get there without change!
The weather has been getting hotter this week so that has been fun with biking around. I actually broke my bike and I've been riding a full suspension bike from the 90's. The back axle broke in half so I don't really know how long that has been broken for. The rod also bent and a spoke spoke broke and the gear shiftier (not sure what its called) broke too. I was just riding and shifting the gears down and the chain got stuck between the gear and the wheel again. I'm annoyed because of how many times that has happened so I will see how I can fix that.
I heard that my cousin, Nate, got his mission call to Mesa, Arizona!That is awesome! I'm so grateful for his example despite him being younger than me. The mission field will greatly benefit from having a diligent servant. If all missionaries were like him right now, there would be three times as many members! Go tear up that area Nate!
I haven't really spoken much about my companion yet so I will now. Elder Cheney is a tall, handsome and very athletic person. He did like four different sports before coming out and even then he was working out until midnight. He loves cars and can point out just about every model there is. He's very set on being a pilot but he's not sure what rout he wants to take. He is a very hard working missionary and I'm grateful to be serving with him. We have also noticed that we are able to teach very well together with bouncing off one another and asking good questions that help people answer their own questions.
I hope everyone has a awesome week and enjoys the end of school!
Sincerely,
Elder Robertson
No comments:
Post a Comment